We are a dynamic organization founded in 2001 with over 350+ members.
Our mission is:
- To provide members with opportunities for friendships and shared interests through group activities and social events.
- Welcome new residents and provide helpful information about the Club and their community.
- Promote awareness of the social and cultural offerings of the surrounding community through planned activities and outings.
- Provide opportunities to improve the welfare of others through community service activities.
This has been an unusual year, due to COVID 19, with many events cancelled. We hope to have a more normal membership next year beginning in July 2021. Hopefully, the club members will be able to look forward to the following events:
- Each of our four General Meetings/Luncheons have interesting programs and a “happy hour” to get to know each other before lunch. An ever-popular Fashion Show and luncheon is held in February.
- There are 3 or 4 social events held each year including, to name just a few, trips to museums, theaters, art tours, trolley tours and polo matches.
- In December, our major fund raiser for the year, the Diamond and Crystal Ball, is held at the University Park Country Club. This annual event is fun and provides an opportunity to make money to support our chosen charity/charities.
- There are many special interest groups (SIGs) to explore listed on the website under the “SIG” tab. Participation is open to all members. Due to our current observance of safe social distancing, some of these groups are showing great creativity in meeting via ZOOM or in open air environments, others have chosen to wait until next fall to resume.
During this membership year the primary charity that we have supported is Just for Girls Elementary, which is an alternative school under the auspices of Manatee Country. The school has kindergarten through fifth grade, and most of the girls are from low-income families and need leadership and guidance in life, in addition to focused learning. There are opportunities to volunteer at the school and to work directly with the girls. Sadly, social distancing currently does not allow for hands-on volunteer activity. Last December’s Diamond and Crystal Ball raised over $15,000 for the school. We also contribute to the local Food Bank and each year we review the many organizations in our area and decide how best to focus our Outreach efforts.
To see the list of Past Presidents, click here.
To see the list of Founding Members, click here.